The exhibition to be held at St James Cavalier between 16th February and 18th March 2018, forming part of the Spazju Kreattiv season programme during the Valletta 2018 – European City of Culture, celebrations. It will be a culmination of the work of school children and higher education students. There will be an education aspect to every part.
There will be:
- A display of the best research projects, photographs and videos chosen by YRE, Young Reporters for the Environment from school children and MCAST students.
- 3 art installations designed and created by MCAST students with the help of three artists.
- A variety of apps designed by MCAST students for the purpose of promoting sustainable practices in the Maltese Islands.
- An art installation made out of recycled materials created by children from organisations represented by CRPD, Commission for the Rights of Persons with Disability and Inspire.
- An interactive sound installation made out of recycled materials created by students under the tutelage of Malta Sound Women’s Network in association with Electronic Music Malta and Yorkshire Sound Women’s Network. The project is supported by the Malta School of Music.
There will also be 2 workshops available for school children and the public. The workshop details will be given closer to the exhibition and may be booked directly through Spazju Kreattiv.
About the Curator: Kristina Borg
Kristina Borg (Malta) is a visual artist and art educator. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Art Education from the University of Malta (2009) and a Master’s degree in Visual Arts and Curatorial Studies from the Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti, Milan (2015).